VersaTREK® EZ DRAW®
Your Safe Choice, with
Low Risk of Contamination, From Start to Finish!
- EZ Draw is the ONLY FDA-cleared, controlled, true, direct measured draw
- EZ Draw provides easy and convenient sampling
- EZ Draw reduces the risk of sharps by eliminating the need for syringe, butterfly,
angel wings, and other blood transfer devices, decreasing the risk of needle-stick injury
- EZ Draw lowers costs by eliminating the need for separate collection devices
- EZ Draw maintains a natural dilution ration of 1:9 without the need for specialty
- EZ Draw adheres to all regulatory and CAP guidelines
VersaTREK® EZ Draw is the only FDA-cleared, controlled, true, direct measured draw
bottle on the market. Accommodating up to 5 ml of blood, EZ Draw is available in a 40 ml broth
for both REDOX 1® aerobic and REDOX 2® anaerobic bottles. Time-to-detection and overall
recovery for EZ Draw media have been shown to be equivalent to TREK’s 80 ml media.*
The convenient EZ Draw bottle format can be used for safe, measured and automated monitoring
of direct-draw blood samples.
Inoculation Made Easy With EZ Draw®!
Simply follow the steps below.
- Label bottle with appropriate patient identification.
- Wipe each bottle septum with a suitable disinfectant. Discard the wipes.
- Lower the patient’s arm to a vertical position when using the EZ Draw
bottle and multi-draw adaptor.
- Perform venipuncture.
CAUTION: If blood does not flow into the EZ Draw bottle, remove the
bottle immediately and replace it with another.
- Allow the bottle vacuum to draw 5ml for either EZ Draw REDOX 1 or EZ Draw
REDOX 2. (When blood flow in to the bottle slows, remove the bottle from the patient's arm.)
- Remove any residue from the bottle septum using a suitable disinfectant.
Discard the wipes.
- Gently tip the bottles to mix thoroughly.
- Discard blood collection set.
There’s nothing standard about VersaTREK EZ Draw... Designed for
Collection, Safe Processing, Safe Testing, and Safe Disposal.
Request more information on the VersaTREK System>>
* Evaluation of the EZ Draw Aerobic and Anaerobic Broths in the ESP
Blood Culture System, M.A. Wring, C.B. Bartley, R. Firstenberg-Eden, and N.M. Sullivan,
1993 ASM General Meeting