The Science Behind onSite®
The onSite Urine Culture Device is a transparent, hinged casing containing face-to-face
plates of agar with a plastic sampler with two curved tips located between the plates.
The agar structure is elongated to ensure longitudinal streaking of urine by the sampler.
Each onSite device contains one plate of MacConkey agar, a selective medium that provides
excellent differentiation between coliforms and non-lactose fermenters with inhibition of
gram positive cocci, and one plate of CLED Agar — A differential medium that supports the growth of both gram positive and gram negative bacteria, CLED agar also supports the growth of Pseudomonas and Proteus, which do not ferment lactose.
Enhanced Laboratory Efficiency
onSite combines the sensitivity and specificity of the traditional urine culture method with the
convenience and efficiency of a unique design for detecting, enumerating, and identifying specific
bacteria in urine.
View an article published by American Biotechnology Laboratory News on onSite.
"A point-of-collection urine culture device for fast turnaround time and ease of use."
"Reprinted from American Biotechnology Laboratory News November 2001"
- Easy set up at the point of specimen collection
- Immediate inoculation for rapid organism recovery
- Conventional "Gold Standard" culture methodology
- Compact, self-contained test
- Ability to incubate more tests per cubic foot
- Safe and effective means of specimen transportation
- Leaky or spilled urine specimens
- Additional disposals such as Boric acid, containers and loops
- Delays that impact accurate colony counts
- Need for refrigeration of urine samples during transportation
- Delayed specimen transport
- Sharps exposure
- Excessive biohazard waste
- onSite is packaged in boxes of 100 units (100 tests),
sealed in individual bags of 10 units (tests) each
- onSite CLED/Macconkey at 2-25 degrees Celsius.
After opening the polyethylene bag containing 10 onSite
units, seal the bag tightly with tape over the length of
- Expiration Date
- The expiration date applies to the product in its intact
container when stored as directed.
- Shelf Life
- onSite CLED/MacConkey: 7 months
from the date of manufacture