The Science Behind TREK Lab Services
alamarBlue is an indicator dye, formulated to quantitatively measure the proliferation of a variety
of human or animal cells, bacteria, mycobacteria, or fungi. It consists of an oxidation-reduction
(REDOX) indicator that yields a colorimetric change and a fluorescent signal in a response to a
- Cell growth determinations
- In vitro cytotoxicity
- Cytokine assays
Enhanced Laboratory Efficiency
- Water soluble – no extraction step required
- Nontoxic to cells – no metabolic interference
- Nontoxic to user – noncarcinogenic
- Stable in culture – allows continuous monitoring of cells
- Cytokine assay applications
- Cell proliferations assay applications
- Applicable for cell suspensions or attached cells
- Proliferation data may be collected by either:
- Fluorescence with excitation at 530-560 nm and emission at 590
- Absorbance is monitored at wavelengths of 570 nm and 600 nm
- Flexible – use any spectrophotometer or fluorometer
- Nontoxic to the environment – no organic waste disposal problems
Click on the category to view the chart.
To place an order for alamarBlue, please contact our Customer
Service department for more information.
For customers outside of the U.S., please click here to place an order.